Friday, 10 January 2014

The true breath of life is in Christ alone

When we pass away:  
1. Our physical body decay’s and returns to the ground  
2. Our breath returns to God.

See Ezekiel 37:5-6  

This is what the Sovereign LORD says to these bones: I will make breath enter you, and you will come to life. I will attach tendons to you and make flesh come upon you and cover you with skin; I will put breath in you, and you will come to life. Then you will know that I am the LORD.’ ” 

We believe that the hand of God formed us in our mother’s wombs. Once we are brought out of the womb, most of us possess all of the vital organs we require to survive on this planet. For example, we have a heart, a brain , kidneys, lungs etc. Although we possess these organs at birth, none of them can function without the breath of life supplied by God alone.The first thing a baby needs to do in order to live, is to breathe in his/her first breath. The last thing man does before he/she dies is breathe out their last breath. 

See Ezekiel 37:8-10  

I looked, and tendons and flesh appeared on them and skin covered them, but there was no breath in them. Then he said to me, “Prophesy to the breath; prophesy, son of man, and say to it, ‘This is what the Sovereign LORD says: Come from the four winds, O breath, and breathe into these slain, that they may live.’ ”  So I prophesied as he commanded me, and breath entered them; they came to life and stood up on their feet—a vast army…….

The above scripture proves that a body cannot live without breath. With regards to this , the following questions came to my mind:
 
1. What is the connection between a man’s breath and his spirit?  
2. Is a man’s breath his spirit?

I did further research on the matter , and found two scriptures that confirm the above questions. 

(1) Job 32:8  
But it is the spirit in a man, the breath of the Almighty, that gives him understanding.  

(2) Isaiah 57:16  
I will not accuse forever, nor will I always be angry, for then the spirit of man would grow faint before me— the breath of man that I have created.

In what condition do we return our breath/spirit to God, once we die ?  

When we are born into the world, God grants us a pure breath/ spirit. As we grow older the world slowly corrupts our minds, bodies and hearts, and ultimately corrupts our spirits. If we die not having accepted Jesus Christ as our personal Savior, our breath/spirit returns to God imperfected and lost. For it is only through Jesus Christ that we can be perfected.

See the verses below, these support the above statement.
 
Colossians1:28 
Hebrews 2:10-11  
Hebrews 10:14 
Hebrews 12:21 
John 3:5 

Therefore the breath of life or the spirit can only be renewed and purified from worldly pollutants, by being reborn in the spirit. In other words, receiving a new breath of life through Jesus Christ our Savior. For as it is written:

John 3:5-8  

Jesus answered, “I tell you the truth, no one can enter the kingdom of God unless he is born of water and the Spirit. Flesh gives birth to flesh, but the Spirit gives birth to spirit. You should not be surprised at my saying, ‘You must be born again.’The wind blows wherever it pleases. You hear its sound, but you cannot tell where it comes from or where it is going. So it is with everyone born of the Spirit.

Could the wind that is described in the above scripture , be the same wind described in: Ezekiel 37:9 ?
 
All that I desire is that once my breath returns to God, the giver of life and to Jesus the author of our faith , that it returns perfected in Jesus Christ our Savior.

May He  be worshipped in Spirit and in Truth.

All glory , praise and honor belongs to You O Sovereign Lord. From everlasting to everlasting !! Praise be to the God of Israel.  

Amen and Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment